Fatality Wrestling
Welcome to Fatality Wrestling Forums! Warm greetings from everyone.
Fatality Wrestling
Welcome to Fatality Wrestling Forums! Warm greetings from everyone.

TWG server 3 Federation.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Manazz Bio
How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:45 pm by Manazz.

» Inside the mind of Isis Derrida
How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:25 pm by Isis Derrida

» New Beginnings, Future Endeavours
How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 12:47 pm by Isis Derrida

» anyone around?
How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:23 pm by Chris Newberry

» Wrestler Pictures
How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:26 pm by Ultramantis Black

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Katalina Katana (80)
How to properly Roleplay (RP) I_vote_lcapHow to properly Roleplay (RP) I_voting_barHow to properly Roleplay (RP) I_vote_rcap 
Spawn (37)
How to properly Roleplay (RP) I_vote_lcapHow to properly Roleplay (RP) I_voting_barHow to properly Roleplay (RP) I_vote_rcap 
Fred Beckman (22)
Jayx the Drake (21)
Koool Star (21)
Lucifer Morgan (18)
Faceless Void (17)
Rick Rogers (15)
Farhad Hassan (15)
Wondrer (13)
Poll

How to properly Roleplay (RP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexis

How to properly Roleplay (RP) Empty
PostSubject: How to properly Roleplay (RP)   How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 8:28 am

1.1: Setting up the atmosphere

Before you even attempt to Roleplay, you need to give the readers a sense of atmosphere. Are they in a dark place? Or a happy cheerful place?

Example:

As Cody stood in the ring, the lights blinded him and the ecstatic atmosphere from the crowd told him they wanted to hear what they say.

Of course, you can always skip the atmosphere, but then it always looks and sounds generic, what we are trying to avoid here. RPs should be unique as possible.

1.2: Describing The Place

Totally different from atmosphere, describing the place also goes a long way. You really need to give the readers a sense of what direction there going to read. If it is a light, fluffy area covered with rabbits and toys, use light hearted adjectives and adverbs like cuddly and soft. If violent, go for the hard words to use. If you are struggling to hear what I am saying, here is an example

Example:

As Cody stepped foot into the ring, he felt the hard canvas press against his leather boots. The steel ring ropes still left a cold shudder on his body, and it rippled through every crevasse of muscle he had.

As with describing the place, combining it with looks also makes it a lot more easier to read

Example

Cody just finished bodybuilding. He looked in the mirror for the results of his brutal training session. His abs and chest were covered head to toe with sweat, his body looked almost see through, but still handsomely attractive. The rusty old gym was still going behind him, sparring matches, metal weight machines and running courses were heard throughout the room.

2.1: How To Layout A Roleplay

A Roleplay consists of 3 things, a flash, an action, and an ending, a bit like a start a middle and an end. To structure these, you need to combine everything above. Here is a BAD example.

Bad Example:

Cody was bodybuilding.

Cody:man, i am hung

He sleeps

This is nowhere near a roleplay at all, and needs so much improvement it is unbelievable. A good RP should need all 3 in a good amount, a good example is below

Good Example:

Cody was bodybuilding for 4 hours straight. His body was tired, and ready to give up whenever. His brutal regime of Weightlifting, Boxing and Skipping was all paying off however, and his sweaty torso and abs looked a little more defined then usual.

Cody:Man, I am hung!

Cody takes off his boxing gloves and hangs them out, going for the locker room. As he reaches the locker room, he pulls out his towel and strips down to nothing. 30 minutes later, Cody walks out of the gym's shower wearing nothing but his towel, as he takes it off and puts on his clothes, he grabs his bag and packs up everything. He slowly leaves the room, not forgetting his bodybuilding exercise.

That is a good roleplay, it has atmosphere, and description with a lot of action. This is the type of roleplay we are looking for but extended, so keep this in mind.

2.2: Rules Of Engagement

As an RPer, you must ALWAYS have permission from the opossing RPer to fight/beat up his/her character. You can post borderline sexy/brutal roleplays, however, if it goes over the top we will edit it for you so it is ready to be aired. Racist segments and political segments shall not be aired, as this breaks rules of both the TWG and the fed rules. You can swear, but excessive swearing will not be aired, and swear words will be beeped out, and you shall be received a warning and reported to the current GM whoever he/she may be. Nudity and Sexual Intercourse is a no go, you can have nudity in roleplays, but you must not go into excessive detail about the private parts. Same goes for the sexual bits, and if it breaks these rules, it will not be aired and a warning reported to the current GM.

I hope this has helped you.
Back to top Go down
Rick Rogers
Beginner
Rick Rogers

PostSubject: Re: How to properly Roleplay (RP)   How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:25 am

Nice Advice
Back to top Go down
Koool Star
Welcome to FWE

PostSubject: Re: How to properly Roleplay (RP)   How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 6:45 am

True
Back to top Go down
Rick Rogers
Beginner
Rick Rogers

PostSubject: Re: How to properly Roleplay (RP)   How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 1:49 am

Maybe the things that we speak should not be italicized. Italicized words are used to describe action. What you say all?
Back to top Go down
Koool Star
Welcome to FWE

PostSubject: Re: How to properly Roleplay (RP)   How to properly Roleplay (RP) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 2:26 am

This is exactly What Lucifer Says and does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to properly Roleplay (RP)   How to properly Roleplay (RP) Empty

Back to top Go down

How to properly Roleplay (RP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatality Wrestling :: General Information :: Rules-
Jump to: